Artist, filmmaker, and musician RICK FARIN lives and works in Los Angeles. His work straddles the interstitial spaces between digital inhabitation, sonic composition, and speculative design.
MASTER OF ARTS IN FICTION AND ENTERTAINMENT (In-Progress)
BACHELOR OF ARCHITECTURE
- The Cooper Union
- 5-year Full Tuition Scholarship
- William Cooper Mack Thesis Fellow
ELECTRONIC MUSICIAN (EAVES), 2012-present
- Performed worldwide and released multiple records.
FREELANCE DESIGNER, 2013-present
- Completed posters, album covers, and promotional materials for various record labels, institutions, events, and concerts.
COMPUTER LAB MONITOR, 2016-present
- The Cooper Union
VIDEO GAME DESIGN AND WEB DESIGN INSTRUCTOR, 2016-present
- Harvard Westlake Summer Program
- Sound Art, Cooper Union Saturday Program
- SAT, ACT, Calculus, Applied Mathematics, English, German, 3D modeling, Biology, Chemistry, College Counseling
- Proficient in drawing and model-making, either by hand or by computer. Knowledge of wood, steel, and casting techniques, as well as 3D printing, CNC machines, and laser cutting.
- Proficient in electronic sound-making techniques, for music, foley, and soundtracking.
- Ableton Live, Reason, Pro Tools, Max, AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Premiere, Muse, Final Cut Pro, Unreal Engine, Unity Engine, Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Marvelous Designer, Houdini, Zbrush, Quixel Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and C++.
- APROXY, digital EP, on Halcyon Veil, 2017
- Verloren, vinyl LP, on PTP, 2016
- GORILLA, tape, EP, on PTP, 2015
- Hue, digital EP, on Hush Hush Records, 2015
- GRL, digital EP, on Futures, 2013
- NYCxDESIGN 2017
- NYCxDESIGN 2014
- Cooper Union End of the Year Show, 2013-2018
- Progress Bar, Amsterdam, 2017
- North American tour with serpentwithfeet, 15 cities, 2017
- Lecture at Los Angeles Contemporary Archive, 2017
- Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival, 2016
- TRADE at OHM, Berlin, 2016
- Intruder Alert, Warsaw, 2016
- Sarah Lawrence College, 2016
- Boiler Room, New York, 2016
- The Wire: Adventures in Modern Music
- #1 Album of the Year; collaboration with Chino Amobi, 2017
- The Fader
- Red Bull Music Academy
- Fact Magazine
- Best new under-the-radar tracks, 2016
- Named as one of 2017’s top ten artists to watch, 2016
- One of the best albums of 2016, 2016
- Dummy Magazine
- GORILLA review, 7/10, in print, 2015
- Verloren review, 9/10, in print, 2016
- Resident Advisor
- Electronic Sound
OTHER NOTABLE WORKS:
- Norilsk, for AQNB, 2017
- Fire at Sea: Verloren New York, RBMA Radio, 2017
- Mix for Astral Plane, 2016
- HALF THE SURFACE OF THE WORLD, Disc Mag, 2016
- Mauled Heretic, 2016
- Remix for Dasychira, 2016
- Remix for WWWINGS, 2016
- Remix for Kid Smpl, 2016